Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dog Days of September!

Last weekend Owen and I got to go to an annual event called "Dog Days of September". It's held at an outdoor camp that has a huge fenced in swimming pool and since summer is over they open it up for Doggies like us to come and play in. The water in the pool is lowered so that the doggies can just walk right in like at a lake! Owen and I went bright and early in the morning for the small dog session and then stayed for when the big dogs came too-we had a blast, check it out!
Owen enjoyed playing on the grass...

and checking out the vendors...

and of course-trying to charm treats out of anybody who had them-which was everyone! And NO that is not me trying to get treats, that was another rounder puggle named Bernie.

I was rarely out of the pool...


Look how far I was swimming! I'm that little dot way out there!

Daddy even got Owen to enjoy the water-we were all so shocked and super excited!

and of course Mommy bought us tons of goodies from the vendors!

We had an awesome time and can't wait for next years event!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great day and what a great swimmer Maddy turned out to be! and lots of goodies to take home,too. Perfect day in my book.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool event...we would have loved to participate in that day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have had lots of fun at that event too!!! Glad that you even got to go swimming!!! How cool is that!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is such a great idea. Looks like you had a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had fun, I'm not a swimmer myself. Treats and cool stuff to buy is awesome.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looked like so much fun! you guys must have had a blast! maddy loves the pool just like jack jack! i cant believe how far out you swam! next year maybe mommy will bring me and jack too!

    <3
    oliver and jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! We don't have anything like that in Wales where I live but its usually too cold to go swimming! What a really cool event! Looks like you had an amazing time! Love and pHUGS Frank x x x x x

    ReplyDelete